Thursday, February 20, 2014

Kid Craft: Coffee Filter Shamrocks









St. Patrick's Day is something we have fun with at our house. So to add a little green around the house we are making shamrocks. Over the Christmas break I found a new interest in coffee filters. I keep finding myself coming up with new things to do with them. So here's my coffee filter spin for shamrocks.


Needed:
  • Green, yellow and blue food coloring 
  • Small paint brush
  • Coffee filters 
  • Small pan or container (to contain the dye)
  • Tacky glue
  • Sticks from outside or store


Steps: 
1. Cut shamrocks out of the coffee filters. I did multiple ones at a time.  

2. In three separate container add:  2 tbsp of water in each container. 
  • 1st container: 7 drops of green
  • 2nd container: 4 drops green and 3 yellow
  • 3rd container: 4 drops green and 2 blue


3. Using a small brush, paint the coffee filters the 3 different colors inside the pan. Let dry


4. Cut two small slits into the center of the shamrock.


5. Two at a time insert the the tip of the stick through the two holes.  Add a drop of glue to hold them together and to the stick.






Then your finished. Put into vase to display the flare.



I love to hear from my readers so let me know how this worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment