Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Toddler Recipes: Healthy Breakfast Bread Pudding






This recipe is very easy and can be altered many different ways. It can be enjoyed by all ages, my big boys just gobble it up when I make it. I love this recipe cause it's a great way to use up all the left over bread and bread ends. I usually save all the but ends till I have enough to make a batch. It doesn't take long to accumulate enough ends at my house. We go through bread like crazy. I sometimes through in left over hot dog and hamburger buns or any other bread I have around.

What you need

9x9 glass pan, buttered or sprayed w/ non stick spray
5 c. torn bread pieces
1 c. milk
4 eggs 
1 c. apple sauce or mashed bananas 
1 tbsp. milled flax seed
1 tbsp. wheat germ 
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
Optional: 2-3 tbsp. sugar or brown sugar 
Butter to put on top

Preheat oven to 350* 
Cook time 60 mins 
Recipe by Hey Sweet Monkey

Directions:

1. Spray pan nonstick spray or butter pan. Tear bread in to small pieces and add to pan. 

2. In separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Mixing till well blended. 
Tip: you can use any sort of fruit or veggie puree, I've made this before with baby food carrots. It's very versatile. 

3. Pour mix evenly over bread to absorb and let sit for 5 mins. 

4. Then bake at 350* for 60 mins. 

5. Let cool for 10 mins. 
Option : Serve as is or top with butter and sprinkle with sugar. How ever you would like for your little hungry sweetie. Depending on their age and taste developments. 
Tip: I usually just use what ever I have in my cupboard. Honey or maple syrup are good drizzled on top as well. 
I love to hear from my readers, please let me know how this recipe worked for you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment