Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No Blender Easy Orange Vanilla Yogurt Toddler Smoothie Recipe




I tend to cook a lot on the fly, not much planning or preparation most of the time. This recipe has come about out of necessity quite a few times. It's my go to when I needed something quick to soothe a hungry, fussy toddler quick. I try to keep all these ingredients in stock in my kitchen, except when B1 and B2 are eating me out of house and home. I credit B1 for actually started this flavor concoction while making his own smoothies.  It has quickly grown to be our favorite smoothie.

This recipe makes about 2c.

  • 1 pinch or sprinkle of ground cinnamon
  • 1c. vanilla yogurt
  • 1/4c. orange juice
  • 1/2c. unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1tbsp. baby cereal
  • optional 1/2 banana smashed with fork (I will add this when I have a good and ripe banana available)
Recipe by Out of the Box with Leaps and Bounds



1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. 
  • Tip: If I'm adding a banana  I will mash it in the bowl first before i add the other ingredients. Anything not to dirty another dish.




2. Pour it into a pouch or other preferred serving method
  • Tip: I mostly put the smoothie in a refillable pouch.  When I do serve it with a bowl and spoon, I will thicken it with a bit more cereal.  If I'm feeling daring, I serve it in a small cup.

  • This is a pretty basic recipe and honestly I never measure it out.  I just do the "dash of this and a dash of that" method.  Feel free to adjust the measurements or add anything.

I love to hear from my readers, so please let me know how this worked for you. 







No comments:

Post a Comment