Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Toddler Recipe: Easy Nutritional French Toast





This recipe isn't just for toddlers, serve it to the whole family.  French toast is a pretty basic recipe, but I've thrown in a few delicious nutritional kickers. As a kid, French toast was always something I liked to make. It was easy and we usually had the ingredients stocked. When I make it for my family I like to through in a nutritious twist. The applesauce or banana adds nutrition and fiber, while the eggs and milk provide lots of protein. This is a great meal to start the day off with. 

Needed:
4 pieces of sliced bread
2 eggs
1/4c. milk
1/8tsp. cinnamon 
1/8tsp. vanilla
1 mashed banana or 1/4c. Unsweetened applesauce 

1tbsp. butter for topping



Heat buttered pan on med-low heat. 

In large bowl mash banana and then add remaining ingredients. If not using the banana, omit the mashing and just add the apple sauce. 



Dip the bread one piece at a time into the egg mixture let soak for a minute, then put in the pan and cook for a few mins till golden on each side. 

Top with butter and serve warm.... Yumm




As always I love to hear from my readers so please let me know how this recipe worked for you .

No comments:

Post a Comment